First Aid at Work
This is a blended learning course comprising online and practical learning sessions. To register for this course, select a date for your practical session from this page. You will then receive an email explaining how to access your online learning material, which MUST be completed prior to attending the practical session.
£99! 4 hours online followed by 1 day face to face. Saving a whole 2 days in the classroom! This gives full HSE compliance.
Is this for me?
Yes: If you want to be a work based first aider and you conclude from your risk assessment that you need a First Aid at Work course. Our delivery method produces learners with the most robust evidence record that has been ever available within the first aid industry and provides employers with a robust and traceable record of learner competence.
Join the course developed by the company that modernised first aid training in the UK. This course is EMT Assured - All of our courses are backed by an unconditional money back guarantee
£99.99: yes £99.99! (please add £20 if you require additional level 3 certificate from Pearson): More than one person to train? Multiple licences available at checkout. If you want an in-house course or, for your corporate needs please contact us on: 02920 003801 or email@example.com
What does this course teach?
Brought to you by EMT, the company that single handedly changed learning in this sector!
This is part of our Blended Learning Programme where you undertake initial online learning followed by a recap in the classroom, followed by hands on practice and then assessment of your practical skills.
How does it work?
The course comprises 20 modules, each including several videos which are a combination of animation, high definition video and audio. The videos run in sequential order and you will need to complete a test at the end of each module. The overall pass mark for the course is 75% (counted across the modules combined) following which you are then able to book your practical assessment. You have a maximum of two attempts at each test following which the test area for that module closes.
Who should subscribe to this course?
Who is this course for?
People at work can suffer injury or sudden illness. It is important that employers have made arrangements to ensure their employees receive immediate attention if they are injured or taken ill at work. Together with the practical assessment, this course covers all of the necessary practical skills needed to meet the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) requirements to become a qualified first aider in the workplace. For the classroom element of your training, we have experienced tutors many of whom have dealt with real incidents as front line paramedics so you will receive that added insight.
- 1. Understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider
- 2. Know how to assess an incident
- 3. Manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally
- 4. Manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally
- 5. Recognise and assist a casualty who is choking
- 6. Manage a casualty who is wounded and bleeding
- 7. Manage a casualty who is in shock
- 8. Understand how to manage a casualty with a minor injury
- 9. Be able to conduct a secondary survey
- 10. Be able to adminster first aid to a casualty with suspected head and spinal injuries
- 11. Be able to administer first aid to a casualty with injuries to bones, muscles and joints
- 12. Be able to administer first aid a casualty with suspected chest injuries
- 13. Be able to administer first aid to a casualty with burns and scalds
- 14. Be able to administer first aid to a casualty with an eye injury
- 15. Be able to administer first aid to a casualty suffering with sudden poisoning
- 16. Be able to administer first aid to a casualty with anaphylaxis
- 17. Be able to adminster first aid to a casualty with suspected major illness: (stroke, heart attack, diabetes, asthma, and epilepsy)
In each module you will see a series of videos which you need to view in sequence.
Each module comprises a number of sections shown which you should view in sequence. As you go along you will see an assessment appearing at the end of most of the modules. You can spot these as they are labelled with the term Learning Outcome in the title. As you complete the questions you will see an Assessment Criteria appear at the top of the question text. The cross referencing allows us to produce a bespoke learning log which gives specific and traceable evidence of your knowledge competence in first aid. It is not done to anything like this level anywhere else in first aid and we do it for good to set standards of evidence of competence not yet matched in first aid training. Together with the evidence that our assessors will gather on your practical training and assessment event, you will have the most comprehensive evidence log ever produced in this country for first aid all certificated by the world's leading work based learning organisation, Pearson Edexcel.
Course Duration and Certification
Awarded by the worlds leading work based learning organisation, Pearson, the QCF (Qualifiactions and Credit Framework) Level 3 certificate lasts for a period of 3 years, after which learners will need to repeat the qualification.
It is recommended that learners refresh their knowledge annually. An annual refresh of knowledge is strongly recommended by the Health and Safety Executive. Please see our list of online first aid refresher courses that you can use to update your knowledge at any time.